Privacy & Cookies
4c Executive Placement (‘the Company’) is an executive search business which undertakes head hunting and executive and senior management recruitment activity to clients as well as providing work-finding services to individuals. In providing these services the Company must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the Company acts as a data controller.
1. Personal data we collect and process
The type of personal data collected and used by us varies depending upon whether you are a registered user or just browsing the website, or if you use one or more of 4c’s services.
When registering for a user account, using any 4c Executive services and/or browsing the website, we will collect and gather the following categories of personal data:
- Identity Data – first name, surname;
- Contact Data – address, e-mail address, telephone number;
- Profile Data – personal data contained in resumes/CVs, NED Application forms or employment details, education history, eligibility to work, salary, job applications made by you, your interests and preferences;
- Technical Data – internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the website;
- Usage Data – information about how you use the website;
- Marketing and Communications Data – your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us.
We collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data under applicable data protection law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
2. Methods used to collect personal data from and about you
Direct interactions: You may give us your detail by filling in online forms or by communicating with us. If you are a registered user who applies for an advertised job via the website, we will receive your application and personal data associated with it. The personal data we receive from direct interactions with you includes personal data you provide when you:
- subscribe for our Newsletter;
- send your CV for a job;
- contact or communicate with us via the website;
- submit a general contact form;
- submit a relocation form;
- submit an NED application form.
Automated technologies or interactions: As you interact with the website, we collect Technical Data and Usage Data including details of your device, the resources that you access. We collect this data by using cookies, tracking codes, server logs and other similar technologies. This technical data comes to us as anonymised data and is not considered personal data. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies. Please see our cookies policy for further details.
Third parties: We may receive anonymised personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical Data from providers such as Google Analytics.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites please visit Google to change your settings.
3. Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances you have rights under applicable data protection law in relation to personal data, namely:
- Right to withdraw consent
You have the ability to withdraw consent at any time given you have consent to us processing the personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- Right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- Right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- Right to rectification of incorrect or incomplete data;
- Right to access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- Right in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
4. Data retention
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purpose we collect it and for no longer than five years after any engagement with you.
5. Data we collect via our website
- ‘Contact Us’ Form
- Job Application Form
- NED Application Form
- Relocation Form
- Submit your CV
- Newsletter Sign Up
7. Complaints or queries
If you wish to raise a query on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated:
Head of Delivery
9th floor Causeway Tower
9 James Street South
Belfast BT2 8DN
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.
We may collect information about your computer for example your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and statistical purposes. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. On revisiting the Website our computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your last visit. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the website according to your individual interests and make your usage of the website more user friendly.
For more information about how our cookies work view our cookies policy.
For information on how to control your cookies go to www.allaboutcookies.org