Published on: 20 June 2019
4c Executive is delighted to have been retained by a progressive, market-leading Freight Service Provider to appoint a commercially-minded and highly-skilled Operations Manager to drive operational excellence in their Belfast office.
With a global footprint, this service provider has built a strong reputation in the industry for its extensive expertise, as well as for the breadth of its service offering across niche and core business lines. Business services incorporate air, sea and road freight, warehousing and supply chain services.
Innovative thinking, exceptional customer service and excellence in supplier and client relationship management are at the heart of this organisation, and have been key factors that have contributed to its steady growth and continuing success. The Operations Manager will play an important role in the next phase of the organisation’s evolution by contributing to the development and delivery of the its strategic plan and ambitious goals.
The Operations Manager will lead a well established and high-performing Operations and Warehouse Team to deliver tailored, innovative solutions to both existing and new customers.
In addition, the successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
Essential - Experience and Knowledge:
- Demonstrable operations management experience in a fast-paced, busy environment, preferably within freight forwarding, logistics or distribution environments.
- Proven experience implementing organisational efficiencies and operations.
- Evidence of successful supply chain management.
- Evidence of establishing and maintaining excellent business relationships with key external and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent account management skills with customers including the delivery of set KPIs.
- Strong team management skills including the development and upskilling of team members.
- Demonstrable experience of warehouse management including pick and location management.
- A high level of computer literacy skills is required in order to competently carry out this role.
- Ability to manage budgets and costs.
- Demonstrable knowledge of industry relevant health and safety requirements.
Essential - Key Competencies:
- Excellent project management skills, time management and organisation skills.
- Excellent solutioning and problem-solving skills.
- High level of commercial and business acumen.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a small but busy environment.
- High impact communication and presentation skills.
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated and experienced Operations Manager to join this high-performing, passionate and close-knit team. As this organisation operates on an international basis, the successful candidate will on occasion be required to travel e.g. GB and Europe.