Head of Innovation
Published on: 05 November 2020
Title: Head of Innovation
Job Type: Full-time
We are delighted to be partnering with Ulster Weavers to appoint a Head of Innovation. Ulster Weavers is an award winning, family-owned business who supply high-quality textile products to prestigious clients globally.
The Head of Innovation is responsible for managing research and analysis to inform the strategic direction of the business to develop the product strategy and market planning of Ulster Weavers. This role will involve working closely with the Managing Director, Director of Operations, and wider sales and design teams to drive the product strategy for commercial benefit. The Head of Innovation is responsible for analysing and researching market intelligence and sales/product trends that will inform the overall strategic direction to assist in product/range management, as well as new product development and commercial strategies across the business.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Innovation will be required to support the strategic planning process with reference to market and sectoral opportunities, market trends, sales analysis, competitor benchmarking and customer satisfaction levels. This will involve the development and implementation of a global market intelligence programme, analysis of EPOS sales and managing day-to-day liaison with key stakeholders and other duties as requested.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant subject (marketing, business or research) and a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in similar role within a commercial environment.
- Experience at a senior level in a marketing, sales analysis, or research role with specific responsibility for large volumes of data analysis and interpretation to drive product management and innovation.
- Successful track record in a sales analysis/research role in a complex organisation.
- Experience of supporting the development and implementation of product innovation for commercial benefit.
- Proven ability in relation to maximising business potential of an organisation through research and sales analysis activities.
- Experience of compiling and managing a budget for a product/design department.
- Experience of managing a team and reporting into Senior Management or Board level.
It is desirable that the candidate has completed or is working toward a qualification awarded by the Market Research Society.
To apply please upload a CV or for a confidential discussion, please contact 4c Executive on 02890434343 or email@example.com.