Published on: 29 July 2020
We are proud to be supporting The MAC to appoint the newly created role of Finance Manager. Located in the heart of Belfast’s Cathedral, the award-winning venue is home to a variety of exhibitions, experimental works and theatre performances, quickly becoming a cultural hub and beacon for the on-going regeneration in Belfast. Since opening its doors in 2012, the MAC has had over 2.2 million visitors who have attended more than 3,000 live performances, 40 visual art exhibitions and 100 family workshops. The organisation aims to play a key role in making Northern Ireland a more creative and confident place that celebrates diversity.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Corporate Services, the Finance Manager will lead a finance team and be responsible for the preparation of all necessary accounts and reports, ensuring that all legal, regulatory and audit requirements are fulfilled. They will provide accurate and timely financial information to the management team in order to support the operation of the business.
The successful candidate will work across all aspects of the business and take a lead role in ensuring that effective and efficient financial management systems and processes are embedded throughout the organisation. Furthermore, the Finance Manager will oversee the management of the payroll system and all tax responsibilities for the organisation.
The successful candidate should also possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Qualified accountant - CIMA, ACA or ACCA
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience within a complex commercial or not for profit organisation
- Experience in the use of computerised accounting packages
- Running finance systems and processes to maximise efficiency and deliver highly accurate management information
- Staff management and working as part of a team
- Experience in the use of computerised payroll packages
- Working knowledge of financial reporting regulations and legislation
Salary and benefits package will be set to attract the right candidate
For further details please visit the careers section of the MAC website for an application pack https://themaclive.com/about-us/careers. To apply please send your CV and a two-page covering letter of no more than 1000 words outlining your experience and suitability for the post.