Published on: 12 February 2020
Our client is a large, yet family-owned food production business based in Co. Tyrone with multiple sites across the UK and Ireland. The business has a global reach, supplying produce to leading foodservice customers and retailers throughout the UK, Europe, US, Canada and Asia. The business is seeking to appoint a Finance Director to support the business as they continue to grow.
Leading a team of 25, the Finance Director will be responsible for developing and delivering the financial strategy for the Group. The Finance Director will have a key role in delivering the Group’s objectives, bringing strong financial discipline to bolster the company’s already well-established position in their sector.
The successful candidate will develop strong relationships with the CEO, Sales and Operations division. They will have the ability to provide insights at a Board level, demonstrating independence of thought.
In addition to possessing strong leadership and communication skills, the successful candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
- ACA, ACCA or CAI qualified accountant, or equivalent, with significant experience in a senior strategic financial management role.
- Demonstrable experience of providing strategic financial guidance at a senior level.
- Proven track record of successful working capital management within a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrable experience of harnessing business intelligence and data analytic tools to deliver business improvements, including cost reduction and efficiencies.
- Recent experience of active participation in managing financial challenges at an operational level to successfully bridge strategy and operations.
- Experience of managing banking facilities and FX risk.
Whilst not essential, experience in the agri-food industry is preferable.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced and dynamic business.
To apply for this role please send a CV to email@example.com or for a confidential discussion please contact 4c Executive on 02890 434343.