Published on: 27 February 2019
firmus energy – Antrim
4c is currently working with firmus energy to appoint an exceptional and talented financial leader to join the company as Finance Director. firmus energy is responsible for the construction and operation of a natural gas network of over 1,400 km across 30 cities, towns and villages throughout Northern Ireland. As well as connecting over 42,000 customers across its own licensed area, firmus energy also competes in the natural gas market in Greater Belfast, where it supplies over 50,000 customers.
The Finance Director will be an integral member of the Management Board and a Board Director. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Finance Director will drive the performance and long-term strategy of the business with a focus on customer service, driving efficiencies and generating investment returns. The role will require effective interface with a broad range of stakeholders including investors, lending institutions, customers and the local community.
The Finance Director will be a respected and visible leader with a compelling blend of technical finance capabilities, people skills, commercial acumen and performance focus. A succinct and effective communicator, the role holder will be a 'completer/finisher', driving projects from inception through to delivery.
In addition, the successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA or ICAI) with significant post-qualification experience in senior financial management roles.
- Proven experience in setting strategy and demonstrating strong change management skills.
- Experience of leading, managing and developing a large finance team.
- A proven track record of innovation and the delivery of business efficiencies.
- Experience of significant CAPEX investment and managing a sizeable asset base.
- Experience of managing company re-financing initiatives.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing, high profile utility business with a very positive culture.
For a confidential discussion please contact 4c on 02890 434343 or to apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com