Extern – Director of People and Organisational Development
Published on: 09 April 2019
Salary: Attractive package to appeal to high calibre candidates
4c Executive has been retained to fill the role of Director of People and Organisational Development for Extern. Established in 1978, Extern is the leading social justice charity across the island of Ireland, delivering life-changing services and programmes to people and communities every day. Extern works across the island of Ireland and reaches 20,000 people every year from their 40 bases. Extern is committed to helping people of all ages to transform their lives in order to transform society by making communities safer. Extern’s vision is to be a global leader in changing lives.
The strategic goal of the Director of People and Organisational Development is to develop excellent people in delivering world-class services. She/he will lead the development and delivery of a people related agenda for the Extern Group, and will design a learning and development strategy in line with Extern’s Vision, Mission and new Corporate Plan (2019 – 2022). The successful candidate will form an integral part of the Strategic Leadership Team to motivate, empower and coach the existing staff team of 560 through enabling a high-performance culture, in line with best practice, whilst advising on employee relations issues in line with Extern’s forward-looking and solutions-focused values.
The successful candidate should also possess the following:
- Significant demonstrable senior HR leadership experience at a strategic level and leading a team of HR professionals.
- A successful track record in leading and developing a high performing, solutions-focused HR function across a large organisation with emphasis on world’s best recruitment, retention, staff engagement and learning and development practices.
- Extensive experience of working positively with employee forums and trade unions.
- Experience of leading and successfully implementing cultural change, transformation and learning and development programmes.
- Chartered Membership of the CIPD would be highly desirable.
- Experience of operating across legal jurisdictions (ideally including Republic of Ireland) and at an international level is also considered desirable.
To apply please upload a CV following the link below, or for a confidential discussion please contact 4c Executive by calling 02890 434343.