Director of Business Development
Published on: 24 December 2020
We are delighted to be partnering with Ulster Weavers to appoint a Director of Business Development. Ulster Weavers is an award winning, family-owned business who supply high-quality textile products to prestigious clients globally.
As part of Ulster Weavers strategic growth plan, the Director of Business Development will be responsible for identifying, converting, and managing a robust pipeline of new sales opportunities on a global basis within existing and new market sectors. This role will involve working closely with the Managing Director, Head of Innovation, Director of Operations, and wider sales and design teams to drive the sales and marketing strategy to meet ambitious sales targets.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Director of Business Development will be responsible for ensuring resources and processes are in place to meet the business objectives to drive and monitor business development activity, sales forecasting, and budgetary targets. The post holder will work with the Managing Director to ensure appropriate and effective organisational structures are in place to deliver the ambitious growth plans.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Significant international sales management experience within a complex and growing manufacturing organisation.
- Successful track record of developing and implementing a sales strategy with demonstrable experience of winning and growing sales and maximising new opportunities.
- Proven ability in strategic planning, delivering quantifiable business growth and profit improvement in domestic and international markets.
- Successful track record of building high performing sales teams which have translated into enhanced company performance.
- Significant experience of key account management with a complex and diverse customer base.
- Experience of analysing sales performance using analytical tools, identifying opportunities and areas of improvement.
It is desirable that the candidate has experience of selling through agents/distributors and experience of managing a marketing team.
To apply please upload a CV or for a confidential discussion, please contact 4c Executive on 02890434343 or firstname.lastname@example.org.