Chief Executive Officer
Published on: 11 June 2021
Nexus is Northern Ireland's leading sexual trauma charity, providing support through the provision of counselling services and the Domestic and Sexual Abuse Helpline, which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. In addition, it provides education and training, as well as undertaking lobbying to represent victims and survivors of sexual assault and trauma.
The organisation has gone through a period of transformation and growth in recent years and is seeking to appoint a new CEO, who will continue to embed the positive changes and further grow the organisation to deliver services for survivors of sexual trauma, their families and the community.
The CEO will lead an organisation of over 60 staff (both clinical and non clinical) to deliver the critical work of the charity, deliver on its current strategic plan as well as seek new and innovative ways to deliver on the overall organisational aims.
The CEO will be a decisive and engaging leader internally within the organisation, as well as being a highly credible advocate externally. The individual will be wholly committed to understanding and supporting the needs of service user with the aim of delivering meaningful change in the individuals’ lives.
In addition to having significant senior leadership experience, the successful candidate should also possess the following experience.
- Implementing key aspects of a strategic plan and ensuring the delivery of corporate objectives.
- P&L responsibility of a budget in excess of £1m.
- Leading a multifunctional team, building the capacity and promoting a strong internal culture.
- Working in an environment / organisation where the customer / service user is at the heart of everything they do.
- Board level experience of either being on a board or routinely reporting to a board.
- Delivering an educational, outreach, or marketing programme to a broad audience / stakeholder group.
- Experience and/or understanding of the workings and obligations of a third sector organisation.
To apply for this crucial role click the link below, or for a confidential discussion contact 4c Executive on 028 90434343.