Published on: 16 February 2021
Belfast Harbour is seeking to appoint a highly experienced Development Director to its leadership team. Reporting to the Chief Executive the Development Director will devise Belfast Harbour’s Property Development Strategy focusing on the ongoing regeneration of the Harbour Estate and surrounding area, fulfilling its ambition of developing an iconic waterfront and key economic hub.
Belfast is a city on the rise and Belfast Harbour is at the heart of its transformational journey. The Development Director will work closely with city and regional partners and shape how Belfast Harbour and the Harbour Estate can contribute to Belfast’s compelling proposition as a world-leading destination in which to live, work, learn, visit and invest.
As Belfast Harbour continues to support the economic growth of the region the Development Director will work with key partners to identify opportunities for sustainable property development and investment, which will support the realisation of an ambition for Belfast Harbour to be a world class centre for the creative, knowledge and leisure sectors and a major contributor to Belfast’s Innovation District aspiration. The Development Director will engage widely with a range of stakeholders across government, council and industry sectors to understand how Belfast Harbour, through the investment and development of property, can further support the growth of the region, whilst also delivering on its strategic objectives. The role holder will undertake rigorous analysis of potential property development projects, exploring benefits, risks, financing options and overall feasibility to present outline business cases to the Board for review and endorsement.
The Development Director will be an exceptionally strong and influential communicator with the ability to build relationships inside and outside the organisation. The successful individual will also be intuitive and entrepreneurial, able to identify potential development opportunities and explore all scenarios to arrive at decisive and justifiable recommendations.
In addition, the successful candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
- Extensive senior managerial level/ board level experience of seeking out and developing large-scale capital development programmes to concept stage, including feasibility studies and the preparation of business cases across several of the following: commercial; industrial; residential; and leisure and tourism sectors.
- Demonstrable track record of exploring, analysing and securing business in new sectors.
- Acquisition of commercially rewarding investment properties.
- Extensive experience of stakeholder engagement across public, private, community or academic sectors, with a proven track record of developing strong partnership arrangements.
- Delivering successful planning outcomes and creation of development masterplans.
- Identifying innovative financing solutions for development projects.
This is a unique career opportunity for a high calibre individual to play a part in the development of Belfast Harbour and delivery of its strategic ambitions.
For a confidential discussion please contact Claire Reid on 07435 965647 or to click 'Apply Online'.
The closing date for CV applications will be 1st March 2021.